storage groups

Moderators: snarkout, Patrick, dann, dmfrey

scottss

storage groups

Post by scottss » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:59 pm

Could someone give me a simple walk through of how to setup storage groups on an external drive. I have mythbuntu (latest release) running on a new box I put together. I have the os on a 64 gb ssd and have a seagate 3 tb usb 3.0 drive that I want to use for recordings. I have puttered around mythtv for years but never real serious about it until now. I have been using win 7 with sd hd prime and it works ok but I like the looks of mythtv much better and always wanted to dump win 7

scottss

Re: storage groups

Post by scottss » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:49 am

I guess I will have to continue using win 7 for now since no one has clearly shown me how to setup storage groups on an external drive

scottss

Re: storage groups

Post by scottss » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:15 pm

Since I am the only one answering my own questions heres what I did. I reinstall mythbuntu on a 2tb drive in the machine that had the ssd which I removed. Everything is working pretty good except yesterday when I was watching some shows I recorded after about an hour or so when I put it on pause or tried to stop the sound just freaked out. It continued but was repeating the short audio that was paused. Still I want to install this on my ssd much faster and use my 3 tb usb 3.0 drive for storage but cant get that to work. Having trouble with permissions and auto mount.