Linux Void IRC

Feel free to post any comments or rants about Linux Void podcast here.

Moderator: linuxvoidadmin

subgeniusd

Linux Void IRC

Post by subgeniusd » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:09 am

Do you guys have an IRC channel yet? I didn't see any mention on linuxvoid.com

I noticed on thelinuxlink.net there was an lvlug channel so I left a message there.

If lvlug is someone else do you plan on setting up a channel? If so show it on the web site, ok? :D C-ya
What's your voltage, Coppertop?

dpkgregor

Re: Linux Void IRC

Post by dpkgregor » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:23 am

To be honest I don't see the point of making yet another linux podcast IRC channel. Besides, as far as IRC goes, I only know how to log in. The rest is a secret to me.

subgeniusd

Post by subgeniusd » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:44 pm

I don't see the point of making yet another linux podcast IRC channel
Yeah there's a lot of them already. So what IRC channels do you guys hang out in? Or are you both too busy with school and life to bother with the "chat life"?

I'm only in Freenode myself (as subgeniusd like I am everywhere on line) but usually just a lurker.

I recently installed Zenwalk 5.2 on my #2 computer and the longer I use it the more I like it. It's really fast on a modest 1.5Ghz/768MbRam system. Netpkg package mgr rocks. Simple but fully featured. You might consider a podcast review sometime.

But oddly the official #zenwalk channel on Freenode has mostly ex-Zenwalk Arch users who just hang out there socializing. I went there asking why my forum account is disabled and was encouraged to switch to Arch linux :shock: . Whatever.

Hasta la vista amigos (see ya later buddies) - Daniel.
What's your voltage, Coppertop?

dpkgregor

Post by dpkgregor » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:47 pm

subgeniusd wrote:
I don't see the point of making yet another linux podcast IRC channel
Yeah there's a lot of them already. So what IRC channels do you guys hang out in? Or are you both too busy with school and life to bother with the "chat life"?

I'm only in Freenode myself (as subgeniusd like I am everywhere on line) but usually just a lurker.

I recently installed Zenwalk 5.2 on my #2 computer and the longer I use it the more I like it. It's really fast on a modest 1.5Ghz/768MbRam system. Netpkg package mgr rocks. Simple but fully featured. You might consider a podcast review sometime.

But oddly the official #zenwalk channel on Freenode has mostly ex-Zenwalk Arch users who just hang out there socializing. I went there asking why my forum account is disabled and was encouraged to switch to Arch linux :shock: . Whatever.

Hasta la vista amigos (see ya later buddies) - Daniel.
I never really used IRC, I was too young when it was still in, so I didn't get familiar with it. Installed xchat and chatted with a few people, hanged out @ #linuxoutlaws and #debian

ATM I don't have any IRC clients installed at all. You guessed correctly, no time for that I barely keep up with forums. :D