Linux Void 25 + an Announcement

Feel free to post any comments or rants about Linux Void podcast here.

Moderator: linuxvoidadmin

dpkgregor

Linux Void 25 + an Announcement

Post by dpkgregor » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:13 am

Linux Void 25 - Exam Time!

discuss here, visit the homepage to get it :)

Also, very important note:
Announcement: LinuxVoid will be taking a ca. one month long break because of the exams. So we’re not dead, we’re just studying.

See you again in the second half of June! Stay subscribed!

timttmy

Re: Linux Void 25 + an Announcement

Post by timttmy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:30 pm

The audio was outstanding this week, I think you have finaly nailed it.

Good luck with your exams guys, and we'll see you when you have finished.
This is my truth, now tell me yours.

gordon

Post by gordon » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:29 am

Just listening just now. Wow I agree the sound quality is much clearer for both of you.

NYbill

Post by NYbill » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:56 pm

oof, i must have missed this one. i added a few podcast feeds to bashpodder recently. then i updated bashpodder with a -u (to update the new feed without downloading tons of them). so, i think, in the process, it might have updated linux void and not downloaded it. i'll grab it now.

i'd say enjoy the time off guys, that you deserve it (and you do). but, its time off for exams! thats hardly time off. well, good luck on the tests.

dpkgregor

Post by dpkgregor » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:27 am

Thank you for the support, we'll do our best! :)

phayz

Post by phayz » Wed May 20, 2009 9:52 pm

I agree with all those above who have said that the audio quality of this episode was great. If I understood correctly, you guys were using webcams, so that you could see each other during the podcast's recording. Was this the first time you'd seen each other, or had you "met" in video form before?

Well done on reaching 25 episodes! I've been listening since episode 1 and it's been great to see you "grow" over that time. The format has remained stable and I'm happy with that. I am not quite sure whether Peter's dead pan delivery is deliberate or simply the way he speaks normally. I sometimes find what he says funny, whether he means to be funny or not I can't be sure.

I find it fascinating to learn a little more about you and the countries you live in. Peter, it's interesting that you like Formula 1 racing. I think you'd like living in (parts of) Australia, Peter, because it's quite warm all year.

Congratulations and may Linux Void continue for a long time. Good luck to you both in your exams.

Russell Dickenson (AKA phayz)
Australia

dpkgregor

Post by dpkgregor » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:31 pm

Thanks Russell, am working hard on the exams right now.
Peter's voice? Well, dunno, he's just like that :P though most of his funny stuff is deliberate, yes.
Not the first time, but the second time we saw eachother. It's much more relaxing, talking to a face.
LV will be back soon.

karst

Post by karst » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:15 pm

noticed the linuxvoid site no longer loads for me? Is anyone else just getting some random place-holder/search thing?

timttmy

Post by timttmy » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:26 pm

Yeah I've noticed that too, but don't think we have to worry about it just yet because I noticed Gregor was posting on identi.ca about moving some of his domains to different providers. So it may be a glitch in the move? Plus another notice saying he's looking at stuff for the new episode of linux void. http://identi.ca/notice/5833491
This is my truth, now tell me yours.

Miko

Post by Miko » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:53 pm

Yeah the sites been down for a couple of weeks now.
Hope it's just a glitch, I'm getting 'void withdrawal symptoms :)
I know the guys are busy with exams and podcasts are only important 'till the next podcast, whilst exams affect your whole life for many years to come. So no sweat guys, whenever your ready.
Donkey, you have the right to remain silent. What you lack is the capacity. -- Shrek