LinuxVoid officially canceled

Feel free to post any comments or rants about Linux Void podcast here.

Moderator: linuxvoidadmin

dpkgregor

LinuxVoid officially canceled

Post by dpkgregor » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:23 pm

First I'd like to apologize for not making the decision before, but you can imagine it was a pretty tough decision for me and my co-host Peter. We both enjoyed doing the podcast and were excited to start recording the new batch of shows.
Sadly, we are now both entering university and need some time to adapt to the new lifestyle. Hell, I'm going to move to another country and it'll be the first time living on my own. So we concluded that it would be impossible to keep podcasting weekly or even bi-weekly. It's just too much work and nobody wants to hear half-assed shows.

Now I know we've recieved a lot of negative critique because we're not as talented hosts and post-producers as many people in the Linux podcasting community, but I hope you enjoyed our show and that we helped entertain you for a few hours. I loved getting listener emails and everytime I had a ton of homework and other stuff to do in the afternoon, I couldn't let Peter down, who was always on Skype at the exact time we scheduled the next recording.

Also, a special thanks to mjjzf for helping us host the ogg version of the show and to TLLTS for donating some space on the forums.
And listeners, thanks a million for supporting the show for a whole year! The feed still has 150 subscribers, which is quite impressive.

See you on the forums, in the IRC ;)
-gregor

Miko

Re: LinuxVoid officially canceled

Post by Miko » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:22 am

:(
Donkey, you have the right to remain silent. What you lack is the capacity. -- Shrek

Peter

Post by Peter » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:31 pm

I really enjoyed making this podcast. Sorry guys. I don't want to let you down but we can't make it anymore. :(

eddie

Post by eddie » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:56 pm

Que lastima!

NYbill

Post by NYbill » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:15 pm

we've been talking about the end of linux void over on the LO forum as well. i enjoyed the podcast peter. thanks for all you've done. it was neat to hear a couple guys from halfway around the world and realizing we are all a lot alike. stick around on the forums at least.

see ya.