HDHomeRun Prime - Can't watch livetv while recording

Moderators: snarkout, Patrick, dann, dmfrey

kwisher

HDHomeRun Prime - Can't watch livetv while recording

Post by kwisher » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:46 pm

Hello All,

With the 3cc unit with the latest firmware and latest MythTV .24-fixes I cannot watch live TV on the first tuner while recording with the other two tuners. Live TV eventually freezes/pixalates before finally exiting. This also causes the recordings to get jacked up. I then have to reboot the device to be able to see live TV again. While watching live TV and it shuts down the error displayed on the screen is "Video frame buffering failed too many times".

I've posted the same question on the SiliconDust forum site also if anyone is interested. I did apply the beta firmware that was suggested and still have the same results. http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11359

Any suggestions or is anyone else experiencing this?

TIA

kwisher

Re: HDHomeRun Prime - Can't watch livetv while recording

Post by kwisher » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:06 pm

So nobody else using this device? From the response I have received from the Silicondust forums I believe the problem I am experiencing is not related to the device but possibly a Myth playback setting. I am running Myth .24 with the latest fixes and a nVidia GS8600 with the current driver. I've tried the VDPAU normal and High Quality playback settings. What decoder should I be using?

Pat and Dan, do either of you have any suggestions?

TIA

Patrick
Site Admin

Post by Patrick » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:52 am

The MythTV IRC & mailing lists would be the places to go. I'll try this on my system to see if I have the same issue.
Ego contemno licentia

kwisher

Post by kwisher » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:13 pm

Pat & Dan,

Have either of you had a chance to see if my problem exists on your systems? I have been able to adjust my recording schedules so that only one recording is taking place from the HDHRP at any given time.

kwisher

Post by kwisher » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:00 pm

Patrick wrote:The MythTV IRC & mailing lists would be the places to go. I'll try this on my system to see if I have the same issue.
Pat, I have tried the Myth IRC and mailing list with no solution. Have you tried this on your system yet? I'd really appreciate it if you would as I'd like to know if this is a problem on my system or the HDHR device.

Patrick
Site Admin

Post by Patrick » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:39 pm

kwisher wrote:Have you tried this on your system yet? I'd really appreciate it if you would as I'd like to know if this is a problem on my system or the HDHR device.
Sorry I didn't get back to you. I think it's a problem on your system. I'm able to watch tuner 0 live in MythTV while tuners 1 & 2 are recording other shows.
Ego contemno licentia

kwisher

Post by kwisher » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:04 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I finally found the problem. I loaded up a frontend on my laptop and I could not duplicate the problem that was on my main FE. So I duplicated some playback settings from the laptop to my main FE and it now seems to be working.

EDIT: I think I spoke too soon. If I have to reinstall my O/S, I know I can backup/restore my Myth database, but I have never been able to get back the recordings. Is there a something I am missing or is it not possible to retain your recordings on a fresh install?