Rii Touch N7 mini wireless keyboard

Moderators: snarkout, Patrick, dann, dmfrey

perato

Rii Touch N7 mini wireless keyboard

Post by perato » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:54 pm

http://www.amazon.com/OrientEX-Rii-Wire ... 943&sr=8-2

The Rii Touch N7 mini wireless keyboard works well with linux kernel 3.2.5 It should work with older kernels becuase the manual says it supports Debian 3.1, Redhat 9.0, Ubuntu 8.10, Fedora 7.0 were tested. Even the box says it supports linux. I've tested the range and it works up to at least 15 feet and through a sheetrock wall. It might work even further than that. The keyboard has a light and a touchpad with left and right mouse buttons. It does not have a Windows (aka Super) key or a right shift key. It does has F1 to F12 keys and directional keys. It is currently about US$35 on amazon and has worked fine so far. The box contains the mini keyboard, the USB dongle, and a USB mini cable used for charging. I usually keep it turned off when not actively in use so I haven't had battery life issues.

It is much cheaper than the Logitech diNovo and, as a plus, doesn't need bluetooth.
Desktop PC: AMD Athlon64 3000+, 1 GiB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS video card; Archlinux
MythTV PC: Intel Celeron E3300, 4 GiB RAM, ATI X550 video card, Hauppauge HVR-2250; Archlinux+MythTV v0.25