TLLTS - CDs & DVD

Hey drop us a line about the show. Feel free to ask questions, provide feedback and criticism, or just ramble on about anything your little heart desires.

Moderators: snarkout, Patrick, dann

Patrick
Site Admin

TLLTS - CDs & DVD

Post by Patrick » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:26 am

For $10(US) you can have one of the following:
CD: Vols 1 & 2 of the MP3's
CD: Vols. 1 & 2 of the OGG's
DVD: with everyting

The CD's are ready to go. The DVD should be ready in a couple of weeks. I have to record some more video and edit it.

Let me know what you want. Send me an email with your address and I'll let your know if the shipping is more than $10(it shouldn't be if you're in North America). Once you paypal me I'll send it out ASAP.

My email address:
pdavila@thelinuxlink.net

Wally Balljacker

Post by Wally Balljacker » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:55 pm

Just curious. What kind of video is going to be on the DVD? Is it a data DVD with Theora, or XviD files?

Patrick
Site Admin

Post by Patrick » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:59 pm

Wally Balljacker wrote:Just curious. What kind of video is going to be on the DVD? Is it a data DVD with Theora, or XviD files?
Yes the videos are theora files. We've created a 45 minute long video that's not on the website. Some behind the scenes type stuff.
When I say the DVD has everything, I mean everything:
all the mp3s
all the oggs
all the show bits
every picture we've taken related to the show
all the chatlogs

Patrick
Site Admin

Post by Patrick » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:23 am

I sent out the first orders out this weekend. Thanks to everyone who's ordered. We really appreciate it.

dookiesmack

DVD's

Post by dookiesmack » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:26 am

Hey Pat,

Just wanted to know if the dvds are still available. I've been trying to figure a way to support you guys financially but with a wife and 2 kids...well you can imagine. But I feel that I'm getting so much from listening to you guys each week that I wanted to do something to show my support for what you guys are doing for the community.

Thanks for all you guys do!!!
Dookie_Smack

Patrick
Site Admin

Re: DVD's

Post by Patrick » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:23 am

dookiesmack wrote:Hey Pat,

Just wanted to know if the dvds are still available. I've been trying to figure a way to support you guys financially but with a wife and 2 kids...well you can imagine. But I feel that I'm getting so much from listening to you guys each week that I wanted to do something to show my support for what you guys are doing for the community.

Thanks for all you guys do!!!
Dookie_Smack
Thanks for the kind words. Hearing from you guys definitely motivates us!
Of course they're still available. Paypal me $10 and let me know where to ship it .and I'll get it out to ASAP. My email address is pdavila@thelinuxlink.net

I'll even send a sticker that we'll be giving out at LWE. If you can donate more than $10 that's cool. If not, not a big deal. Every bit helps with costs (bandwidth, voip, DVDs, trip to Boston, etc.).
Ego contemno licentia

dookiesmack

DVD

Post by dookiesmack » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:40 pm

Thanks Pat, I'll paypal you right now. I'll send a little extra too.
Thanks for all you guys do.
Dookie_Smack

Patrick
Site Admin

Re: DVD

Post by Patrick » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:22 pm

dookiesmack wrote:Thanks Pat, I'll paypal you right now. I'll send a little extra too.
Thanks for all you guys do.
Dookie_Smack
Thank you! I'll send it out tommorow.
Ego contemno licentia

dookiesmack

Post by dookiesmack » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:18 am

Hey Pat,
Recieved my DVD today plus my TLLTS sticker.....WOOT..WooT!!!!!
thanks again......

MagnumIP

Post by MagnumIP » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:17 pm

Are DVD's still available? Stickers too?

snarkout
Site Admin

Post by snarkout » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:43 pm

And do you guys have updated dvds? I'm so far behind on the show, it's embarrassing (though on the other hand, it means I have lots of good entertainment to look forward to for sometime when I have a lot of idle time). Family, work, and school eat most of my time these days. I'd prefer to kick you guys some cash and get a dvd with, say, the last two years of eps and a few new vids or something rather than just grabbing them off a server somewhere.
Shared pain is lessened, shared joy is increased; thus do we refute entropy.
--Spider Robinson

Wally Balljacker

Post by Wally Balljacker » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:12 pm

I believe they handed out volume 2 of the TLLTS DVD at Ohio Linux Fest. I'm sure they still have some left over.

Patrick
Site Admin

Post by Patrick » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:54 pm

Wally Balljacker wrote:I believe they handed out volume 2 of the TLLTS DVD at Ohio Linux Fest. I'm sure they still have some left over.
Nope. all the DVDs were gone by early afternoon. We handed out over 500 DVDs and maybe 700 stickers?

Honestly we could only fit about 180 ogg episodes on the DVD. We now need to go to a second DVD to also include the mp3 and videos. I wish we had one of those light scribe DVD burners so we could do some fancy graphics on the stuff we sell. Give it a little added value.
Ego contemno licentia