Linux tablets??

Hey drop us a line about the show. Feel free to ask questions, provide feedback and criticism, or just ramble on about anything your little heart desires.

Moderators: snarkout, Patrick, dann

spotslayer

Linux tablets??

Post by spotslayer » Sat May 28, 2011 9:06 am

I really would like to have a tablet. I would also like to run linux instead of android. Does anyone in the community have recommendations? :D

David

dann
Site Admin

Re: Linux tablets??

Post by dann » Sun May 29, 2011 6:52 pm

Whoa! that is a pretty tall order. Personally I don't know of any tablet devices that will run a stock linux distro very well. I will have to leave that for someone else to comment on.

spotslayer

Post by spotslayer » Tue May 31, 2011 5:31 pm

I know it is Dann. I had a Nokia N800 and someone hacked together a debian install that worked pretty well. Considering the hardware these tablets have in them someone somewhere will hack together a linux install for them. It will happen one of these days.

:D :)
David

Claudio

Post by Claudio » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:59 am

There was a project called Multi-pointer X (MPX) that allowed for multiple mouse input. AFAICT, it's been implemented natively in Xorg and it's just a matter of loading the module for it. That might make possible some rudimentary multitouch gestures on older x86 tablets.

http://www.x.org/wiki/Development/Documentation/MPX
Image Image