Just wanted to say hey from an old listener

Hey drop us a line about the show. Feel free to ask questions, provide feedback and criticism, or just ramble on about anything your little heart desires.

Moderators: snarkout, Patrick, dann

Wally Balljacker

Just wanted to say hey from an old listener

Post by Wally Balljacker » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:36 pm

I stopped listening to the show a couple years ago because I went off to college and didn't have the time. I also went away from Linux at that time and started using Windows 7 because of a need for MS Office. Now that summer is here and I'm on my vacation, I've been listening to some recent episodes and I remember why I use to listen religiously every week. But I also remember why I stopped listening, because your shows are so damn long! Kidding aside, it's great that the Tech Show crew is still at it after all these years, with so many contemporary shows (like LugRadio) calling it quits. I still can't believe you guys have done over 400 episodes! I started listening at episode 94, I think. It's crazy how much time flies.

I also wanted to mention I bought a MacBook Pro earlier this year with no intention of using Linux, but after listening to your show again, it has rekindled my interest in the F/OSS community, and I remember what attracted me to this community in the first place. There's a sense of comradery that doesn't exist anywhere else, even among Mac users. That's really what makes Linux so special.

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hey.

Patrick
Site Admin

Re: Just wanted to say hey from an old listener

Post by Patrick » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:47 am

Welcome back Ben!! Good to hear you're doing well.
Ego contemno licentia