BCLUG Mail Server

Have a question for the lug and you are not a member of the mailing list? Or you just want to start a discussion here, go right ahead.

Moderators: snarkout, Patrick, dann

mikeyp

BCLUG Mail Server

Post by mikeyp » Wed May 05, 2004 9:23 pm

Are any of you at the LVLUG knowledgable with setting up a mail-server? Currently the BCLUG mail server is run at some guys house who is too busy to come to the meetings. Its sorta embarassing :oops:. We have been trying for months to get a in-house mail-server for us but plans keep on falling apart. Brian K. or I could get one set up probably pretty easily. But the thing is, we wouldnt understand what exactly we did or how to better configure it.

So I was wondering if one or two of you who are knowledgable in setting up a mail-server would be willing to come down to BCLUG for a meeting or two and set one up for us and along the way teach us how to configure it correctly, make it not be an open relay, etc. Would this be possible?

pthread

Post by pthread » Wed May 05, 2004 11:05 pm

YES, we desperately need to bring the BCLUG server in house... my little bro wanted to join the mailing list, and it gave him a problem and told him to email the admin, he did, and its been one to two months, no answer...

Linc
Site Admin

Re: BCLUG Mail Server

Post by Linc » Thu May 06, 2004 7:34 am

mikeyp wrote:Are any of you at the LVLUG knowledgable with setting up a mail-server? Currently the BCLUG mail server is run at some guys house who is too busy to come to the meetings. Its sorta embarassing :oops:. We have been trying for months to get a in-house mail-server for us but plans keep on falling apart. Brian K. or I could get one set up probably pretty easily. But the thing is, we wouldnt understand what exactly we did or how to better configure it.

So I was wondering if one or two of you who are knowledgable in setting up a mail-server would be willing to come down to BCLUG for a meeting or two and set one up for us and along the way teach us how to configure it correctly, make it not be an open relay, etc. Would this be possible?
Well guys, Dann would be the guy for that one. Especially now since he upgraded ours and went through every MDA on his quest to find the right one :-)
Email him about it at dann@ (thisdomain) and I'll do the same.
-Linc Fessenden

In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded - Yeah right...