wget

Have a question for the lug and you are not a member of the mailing list? Or you just want to start a discussion here, go right ahead.

Moderators: snarkout, Patrick, dann

Lauren

wget

Post by Lauren » Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:05 am

Right now, as a free trial and a consideration for our companys new desktop o.s., we are running Xandros, well I have to now download Evolution on it to see if something will run on it. I went to the evolution site and got the directions but it says that you need to have a version of wget installed....i looke around and have found some from a "mirror site" but im not how to get one from one of those sites, they are in folders with a lot of diff. files, and i dont know what to do!!

mrben

Post by mrben » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:10 am

Xandros is Debian-based - do you have access to their software warehouse thingy?

You could also try typing apt-get install wget on the command line. I believe that the folks at Xandros have commented out the lines for the main debian apt respositories - you can uncomment them in /etc/apt/sources.list then do apt-get update followed up apt-get install wget. However, I'm not sure how compatible Xandros is with Debian.........
mrBen

Carpe Aptenodytes

JediMoose.org

Lauren

wget

Post by Lauren » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:42 am

I tried both of the commands...neither of them work, i even tried the su command and becoming super user....each time it says that permission is denied!!!

mrben

Re: wget

Post by mrben » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:46 am

Lauren wrote:I tried both of the commands...neither of them work, i even tried the su command and becoming super user....each time it says that permission is denied!!!
Hmmm. There should be some sort of front end that you can use - I think it is called Xandros Networks or something like that. You will need to be root to install new software.
mrBen

Carpe Aptenodytes

JediMoose.org

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:39 am

I have tried becoming root and then installing the wget and it is still not working....

I am running a free trial of Xandros, so in order to get this Xandros Networks I probably will have to call and them enable that for me, dont you think?

botch

Post by botch » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:22 pm

Funny Stuff

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:30 am

ROFL that has got to be some of the funnies stuff ever!!

Well...

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:14 am

Thats one way but i am not sure if it will work with every option.