Web Link

Have a question for the lug and you are not a member of the mailing list? Or you just want to start a discussion here, go right ahead.

Moderators: snarkout, Patrick, dann

Lauren

Web Link

Post by Lauren » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:20 am

Hello,

Ive got another question....surprise surprise!!

Our company has a homepage that is used whenever they go to IE, which has some diff links attached to it, such as a complaint system link and an infoview link...these all need to be on this Linux image im creating....On the linux machines, the link will show up, but not as a link and a lot of the links have sub links underneath, which will not show up at all on the linux machines.....What should i do/install to try to get this to work on linux??

Someone said to look into web link (or weblink)????

Help!

Lauren

pthread

Post by pthread » Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:02 pm

So you are saying this homepage is supposed to be local to each machine? And you need to get these files and put them on the linux machine?

Lauren

Web Link

Post by Lauren » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:05 am

Yes, this homepage is local to each machine...it needs to be on every computer!

And yes, all of these links and "sublinks" need to show up as well...this is how and where they would type in a problem, or view any info they may need!

Does this help any??

pthread

Post by pthread » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:25 pm

Well I imagine they have existing computers that have this already right? I would hope all the pages are on one directory... if not you will need something like a perl script or something to crawl it and copy each page to a directory, then maybe change the urls to fit the new schema.

Might I suggest you guys change to having all this hosted on one server though? Makes things A LOT easier when trying to make changes or whatever... just an idea.

dann
Site Admin

Post by dann » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:54 pm

I'm not sure what the heck you are talking about here. Is this something local to all the machines or served up from a central location like a webserver? When you say those links don't exist, they don't show up or they are not linkable? Or are they linkable but return a file not found kind of error?

If they are served up from a central location is it possible this system was accomplished using java and your linux boxes do not have java and or the java plugin assigned to the browser?