gp2x

General discussion of show topics and feedback.

Moderators: snarkout, Patrick, dann

irish rebel

gp2x

Post by irish rebel » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:44 am

Guy's My sons 11th birthday was coming up and he wanted a handheld gaming device so I being the geek that I am decided to do research, I origionally wanted him to get a ds as his older brother has one and I figured well , if they both had the same they could share games ect. But I had looked at the gp2x a few months ago and I decided to let him pick out either the ds ,psp gp2x or the zodiac. He went and did the research , he went on the gp2x forums ect and decided on the gp2x.So it came last week I also got a 2 gig sd chip I installed the emulators and all the roms he wanted, well guess what I have to get one for myself I love it so does he.
It good to see a linux based device come out like this.
My home has been linux free since 1999 My oldest son runs breezy with cedega and plays his world of warcraft, My 11 year old runs pclinuxos and plays emulators, wesnoth and E.T Niamh my 5 year old edubuntu , I have a mythbox in the masterbedroom I built it using knoppmyth it runs good .
My wifes laptop is ubuntu dapper I tried giving her xandros but she wanted ubuntu back.
I have a linspire box set up as a samba server and a grafix box just for video editing and photo editing .
I have a router set up with fedora3 running on it it also doubles as a firewall/content filter.
When Ireland takes her place amongst the nations of the earth, then and not until then shall my epitaph be written.
Robert Emmett [ murdered by the English 1803]

Judland

Post by Judland » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:13 am

That's really great! Glad to know that your son likes his GP2X.

It's also great to read that your household is "Microsoft" :wink: free. Seems like you're using Linux in all ways, shapes, and forms... which is what Linux is all about.

Patrick
Site Admin

Post by Patrick » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:56 pm

Check out this breakout card to basically make the GP2X a mini PC:
http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs. ... 6/8/2/4854

It sells for $45
Ego contemno licentia

Wally Balljacker

Post by Wally Balljacker » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:50 pm

There's a cool review of the GP2X featured on InDigital, by Wil Wheaton if anyone's interested.

http://revision3.com/indigital/2006-09-26

Ryochan7

Post by Ryochan7 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:42 am

The thing that I didn't like about that review is that I would have liked to hear a little bit about the multimedia capabilities of the GP2X. He pretty much focused completely on emulators. There was footage of the GP2X crashing while playing some audio file but that was all that was shown regarding multimedia.
Linux User #357977
LUGOP is awesome