LaGER 002 Has Been Released

General discussion of show topics and feedback.

Moderators: snarkout, Patrick, dann

dann
Site Admin

LaGER 002 Has Been Released

Post by dann » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:07 pm

Grab your copy today!

This may be the last time I post a release to this forum. The web page should be enough!

Patrick
Site Admin

Post by Patrick » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:16 pm

listening to it now:
Tsuroerusu & CaptObvious999 speak!!

Tsuroerusu actually speaks very good English.
Ego contemno licentia

Tsuroerusu

Post by Tsuroerusu » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:49 pm

Patrick wrote:Tsuroerusu actually speaks very good English.
Thanks a lot Pat, I really apreciate your kind words. :wink: :oops: :D

This is my first time doing a podcast, so I hope that you enjoy it, I certainly enjoyed doing it, it was a lot of fun. :wink:

"Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love. This is the eternal rule."
- Siddhattha Gotama (Buddha), founder of Buddhism.

CptnObvious999

Post by CptnObvious999 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:16 pm

Tsuroerusu, did a great job. Sorry if my sound was weird (I sound kinda different I think too) because I was using my iAudio X5L to record it. I am saving up to get a real microphone (I can take any donations too ;-) ). This was my first podcast as well so I promise I will get better but I thought the episode was still pretty good considering Dann had 2 podcast noobies.

I think Dann's volume was a little higher than me and Tsuroerusu's so hopefully we can fix that next episode.

Tsuroerusu

Post by Tsuroerusu » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:17 am

CptnObvious999 wrote:Tsuroerusu, did a great job.
You too man, great stuff you had! :wink:
CptnObvious999 wrote:Sorry if my sound was weird (I sound kinda different I think too) because I was using my iAudio X5L to record it.
I thought it sounded pretty good, maybe to just need to boost your volume a bit.

"Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love. This is the eternal rule."
- Siddhattha Gotama (Buddha), founder of Buddhism.

pekuja

Post by pekuja » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:04 am

Hi,

I just listened to the latest episode and I thought it was pretty good. One mistake I noticed though is that you said that Cube runs on the Quake engine, but Cube in fact has its own engine, or as some might say, it is an engine. The homepage in fact is http://www.cubeengine.com/. It was coded by one person alone, and I think he did an amazing job. The engine is very optimised and keeps up very well with the frantic pace of the game.
Other than that, the show was very good. I liked the discussion on media devices. I also think I'm going to have to take another look at Blob Wars. It sounds like it has a lot more depth to it than I thought. Keep up the good work! I think I'll post some suggestions on the Suggestions forum, so please be sure to check that, too.

CptnObvious999

Post by CptnObvious999 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:55 pm

pekuja wrote:Hi,

I just listened to the latest episode and I thought it was pretty good. One mistake I noticed though is that you said that Cube runs on the Quake engine, but Cube in fact has its own engine, or as some might say, it is an engine. The homepage in fact is http://www.cubeengine.com/. It was coded by one person alone, and I think he did an amazing job. The engine is very optimised and keeps up very well with the frantic pace of the game.
Other than that, the show was very good. I liked the discussion on media devices. I also think I'm going to have to take another look at Blob Wars. It sounds like it has a lot more depth to it than I thought. Keep up the good work! I think I'll post some suggestions on the Suggestions forum, so please be sure to check that, too.
Sorry about that. I guess I remember seeing on the site that the game is similar to Quake and it had quake 3d model IIRC so I though it used the Quake engine. I will note this for the next episode.