Eternal Lands review.

Show suggestions, recommendations for guest/games and all that. Not the place for questions.

Moderators: snarkout, Patrick, dann

Nintenduh

Eternal Lands review.

Post by Nintenduh » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:49 pm

I posted about this game here before. I would really like to hear a review(maybe a preview since its still in beta) on the show.

I held a contest for audio clips to make a commercial with. Originally it was made for the linuxgames.com podcast but they had hardware problems which prevented them from releasing episodes for awhile. If your interested in playing it on the show let me know and I can send the audio clip.

Awesome show BTW! I'm looking forward to hearing more episodes in the future :)
Check out my page! :D

CptnObvious999

Re: Eternal Lands review.

Post by CptnObvious999 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm

Nintenduh wrote:I posted about this game here before. I would really like to hear a review(maybe a preview since its still in beta) on the show.
Yeah, I played this game for an hour trying to figure out what I could even do. I was able to kill rabits but that's about it. I really want to learn how to do more though, it either way to simple and all you can do is kill rabit and talk to people or its way too complex and I am too stupid to figure it out. I'm really not sure which. It was a while ago that I tried it so maybe things have changed. Any tips on things to do in it would be appreciated. :)
Nintenduh wrote:I held a contest for audio clips to make a commercial with. Originally it was made for the linuxgames.com podcast but they had hardware problems which prevented them from releasing episodes for awhile. If your interested in playing it on the show let me know and I can send the audio clip.
Yeah, although it looks like episode 7 finally came out.
Nintenduh wrote:Awesome show BTW! I'm looking forward to hearing more episodes in the future :)
Thanks but you will be waiting a while :P hehe well hopefully not too long. But at the moment I am having hardware troubles myself.

Nintenduh

Re: Eternal Lands review.

Post by Nintenduh » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:38 pm

Yeah, I played this game for an hour trying to figure out what I could even do. I was able to kill rabits but that's about it. I really want to learn how to do more though, it either way to simple and all you can do is kill rabit and talk to people or its way too complex and I am too stupid to figure it out. I'm really not sure which. It was a while ago that I tried it so maybe things have changed. Any tips on things to do in it would be appreciated. :)
There are alot of good resources online...
el-cel.com
elmanuals.com
quite a few others... (cant think of them now :P)
Yeah, although it looks like episode 7 finally came out.
I listened to that one but it seems like they rushed it a bit and they didn't play any of their usual free game ads :( And nothing out since :(
Thanks but you will be waiting a while :P hehe well hopefully not too long. But at the moment I am having hardware troubles myself.
I really hope your able to get everything in order. I really the show and I've been checking for new eps every few days since the last one :)
Check out my page! :D

dann
Site Admin

Post by dann » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:10 pm

This game sucks. I started playing it last night and cannot stop. The first few levels/quests kind of drag; having to track down and kill 10 rabbits and 10 beavers; especially with a trackpad on my laptop. But once you get going; it starts getting interesting.

You have to read through some of the docs and such to get a feel for what is going on and what you can do and where you need to go.

By-the-by, you can find me in there with the name Possum. I'm the noob who pressed the wrong button when creating his character so I have all the generic look of dork.