Anyone working on any projects?

Study group dedicated to learning how to code in the Python language.

Moderators: snarkout, Patrick, dann

Ryochan7

Post by Ryochan7 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:51 pm

I started summer school earlier this week so I will be taking a short two or three week hiatus from the study group to focus on my studies. Hopefully, by that time, I will be able to continue with the study group along with devoting enough time to the work for my classes.

In case anyone is wondering, I recently released a project that I had been working on for a couple of weeks and I posted about it on my blog. The program is called Pizza Py Party and it is a replica of the program Pizza Party. In my case, the main advantage of my script is that it uses the new Domino's online order form as opposed to the old QuikOrder form; I had wanted to experiment with Pizza Party but the old QuikOrder site supposedly says that no Domino's stores in my area accept online orders when that is not the case. Here is the url for the program if anyone wants to check it out:

http://bored.homelinux.net/projects/piz ... 0.1.tar.gz

Anyway, when I come back, I will try to read more of Dive into Python and I will work on my StepMania-related program again.
Linux User #357977
LUGOP is awesome

riddlebox

Post by riddlebox » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:27 am

Vogateer wrote:I can try to help, though I'll need some guidance, lest I take a poorly written bash script and turn it into a poorly written python script.
Vogateer, sorry I missed you posting this, I have been working on the project, albeit slowly, but I am close to finishing, I can pm you the code or paste it in here. Whatever is best for you.

Patrick
Site Admin

Post by Patrick » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:15 am

I'm going try to start actually contributing to the Icepodder project:
http://icepodder.fryingoverajungle.net/

It's python based and is based on castpodder which stopped development some time ago.
Ego contemno licentia

riddlebox

Post by riddlebox » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:27 pm

I have been looking for some sort of site that has a bunch of python projects, to hopefully join, but the closest thing I have done was went to sourceforge.net and searched for python. The only problem is that I have to sift through over 3000 packages, which is no fun. Does anyone know of a site that would help locate a project that needs help?