first version of a makedvd app

Study group dedicated to learning how to code in the Python language.

Moderators: snarkout, Patrick, dann

riddlebox

first version of a makedvd app

Post by riddlebox » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:39 pm

Well, I finished my makedvd.py app. I hope it will help people learn more about python. I do have more planned for it(I hope all of it gets done). If anyone sees anything that can be done better please let me know. I know a simple shell script would have worked, and been faster, and alot less code. This was an exercise for me though. I need as much practice as I can get.

the usage is: python makedvd.py ProjectName Filename.mpg/nuv -->I havent tested .nuv files but I think it should work. Myth only records mpg for me.
it does appear that the code doesnt paste well in here I can provide anyone an email with it, but for now I will pastebin it so that will be the best way to view it:
Some of the comments at the top of the pastebin are off to make sure to add the comments in the begining thanks

the code is at:
http://pastebin.ca/553995

Vogateer

Post by Vogateer » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:54 pm

Excellent, I've copied it down and will take a closer look at it. I'd still like to know what made the other script a poor one, though. It's nice to learn from others' mistakes.
Vim is beautiful

riddlebox

Post by riddlebox » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:00 am

I am not sure. The main reason I took this project on, was that for some reason the original script no longer worked. When I asked about it on the #bash channel in freenode. I was told the author did a horrible job.