Bill Gates seems to hate America.

Want to sound off, piss off or otherwise be an ass. Want to discuss non-tech and non-linux related things? This is the forum for you. Be advised, there is little moderation here and you must come with a thick skin! It's all in good fun!

Moderators: snarkout, Patrick, dann

eddie

Bill Gates seems to hate America.

Post by eddie » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:17 pm

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2 ... -prize.ars
The foundation has thus far committed nearly $1 billion for health and development projects in India. Most of the money has gone to prevent AIDS and eradicate polio. As part of the reward, the Gates organization received a cash reward of 2.5 million rupees ($52,000) from the Indian government.
Bill Gates is giving one billion dollars to India while people in the USA who bought microsoft software for him to have the one billion dollars to give away, can not pay their health care costs. More reason not to use mswindows.

MattKingUSA

Re: Bill Gates seems to hate America.

Post by MattKingUSA » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:29 pm

eddie wrote:http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2 ... -prize.ars
The foundation has thus far committed nearly $1 billion for health and development projects in India. Most of the money has gone to prevent AIDS and eradicate polio. As part of the reward, the Gates organization received a cash reward of 2.5 million rupees ($52,000) from the Indian government.
Bill Gates is giving one billion dollars to India while people in the USA who bought microsoft software for him to have the one billion dollars to give away, can not pay their health care costs. More reason not to use mswindows.
Are you kidding eddie? We don't have slums like in most countries dude....Nairobi, Mumbai, Sao Paolo...they have slums man... You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. It's good that MS are donating money to help countries with real issues. Americans are greedy. That's all there is to it. I would rather see people in real need getting aid than an American who blogs about it on his web site.

Brazil

Kenya

India

Yeah, they don't need any help...

What nerve Bill Gates has, families in America aren't able to pay for their kids Xbox on-line game play because of hospital bills...

Ridiculous...

eddie

Post by eddie » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:21 pm

I can show you areas around Dallas, Fort Worth, and Arlington that are just as bad. Do you get out much?

greggh

Post by greggh » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:37 pm

He never should have had the billion to give away in the first place. He's a criminal.

MattKingUSA

Post by MattKingUSA » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:56 pm

eddie wrote:I can show you areas around Dallas, Fort Worth, and Arlington that are just as bad. Do you get out much?
Eddie, there are no places in America that look like this. You are delusional if you think there are. And yes, I get out plenty and I know the Dallas area very well. And you are a complete fool if you really think that Arlington has any place that looks like this. Even the city dump looks like you could eat off the ground. Don't try and tell me something that is so completely ignorant.

MattKingUSA

Post by MattKingUSA » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:57 pm

greggh wrote:He never should have had the billion to give away in the first place. He's a criminal.
I completely agree, but Americans complaining about other countries getting donations and comparing it to our health care "issues" is disgusting and pathetic and just goes to show the week mindset of the American people.

Wally Balljacker

Post by Wally Balljacker » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:54 am

This thread is stupid. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has been doing great work for years inside and outside of America. The idea that Bill Gates "seems to hate America" is utter nonsense. It's his money, if he wants to help out people in poorer countries that's fantastic and his prerogative. This American attitude that we're more important or more in need of charity makes me sick. We're the wealthiest nation in the world, god forbid Bill Gates gives aid to poor countries.

eddie

Post by eddie » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:15 am

If all the money had been earned using arm's length transactions, I would agree. Al Capone setup up soup kitchens and the like during the depression. So we should hail him as a hero also?

Miko

Post by Miko » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:44 pm

Seems like one expensive way to ease your own conscience.
However when you've ripped off billions of consumers and bankrupted hundreds of business rivals then perhaps you have a large conscience. :twisted:

I remember a couple of years back when Bill G. was trumpeting his good deeds in Africa by paying for medical aid for people made ill by an "evil" polluting oil company only for it to be discovered that Microsoft had heavily invested it's profits into the aforementioned "evil" oil company. Fail !
Donkey, you have the right to remain silent. What you lack is the capacity. -- Shrek

seobts

Post by seobts » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:04 pm

It's important that he helps the Poor and it's not important he hates America or not. He just tried his best to make this world better. Admire him much!