You're a racist if you disagree w/the president

Want to sound off, piss off or otherwise be an ass. Want to discuss non-tech and non-linux related things? This is the forum for you. Be advised, there is little moderation here and you must come with a thick skin! It's all in good fun!

Moderators: snarkout, Patrick, dann

Patrick
Site Admin

You're a racist if you disagree w/the president

Post by Patrick » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:23 am

At least according to former president Jimmy Carter:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/15/ ... cnn_latest
Ego contemno licentia

greggh

Re: You're a racist if you disagree w/the president

Post by greggh » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:27 pm

But that's not what Carter said.
When a radical fringe element of demonstrators and others begin to attack the president of the United States as an animal or as a reincarnation of Adolf Hitler or when they wave signs in the air that said we should have buried Obama with Kennedy, those kinds of things are beyond the bounds.

I think people who are guilty of that kind of personal attack against Obama have been influenced to a major degree by a belief that he should not be president because he happens to be African American.

It's a racist attitude, and my hope is and my expectation is that in the future both Democratic leaders and Republican leaders will take the initiative in condemning that kind of unprecedented attack on the president of the United States
Now, I think Carter is wrong about it being unprecedented. We all recall plenty of Bushitler posters after he lied the nation into a war of aggression, pissed on the constitution with the Patriot act, and took a dump on the Geneva Conventions with policies of regular torture use.

Given that Obama hasn't yet committed these kinds of treasonous crimes and is yet so early facing such hatred, I think it's reasonable to suspect that racism may be at play.

Patrick
Site Admin

Post by Patrick » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:35 am

Maybe a lot of people are pissed because he's quadrupled the national debt in less than one year and simply disagree with his policies?
Ego contemno licentia

Miko

Post by Miko » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:04 pm

Patrick wrote:Maybe a lot of people are pissed because he's quadrupled the national debt in less than one year and simply disagree with his policies?
Surely that's the advantage of living in a democracy, you get to say whatever you like about the incumbent president and every four years, if enough people agree with you, then you vote him out.
The alternative is you say what you like about your leader and he throws you in a gulag or wherever.
Donkey, you have the right to remain silent. What you lack is the capacity. -- Shrek

toddr

Post by toddr » Wed May 04, 2011 11:29 am

Killing Osama Bin Laden is the very first thing I agreed with Obama on. You can call me whatever you want, but hey, Osama is dead! I find it interesting that Obama used the very tactics used by the Bush administration (ie "torture") to gain the intel. Check out this article if you don't believe me:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/ ... he-decried